суботу, 22 листопада 2014 р.

Houses and Buildings

SOS! SOS!
It's Ramzi from Pandora. My ship crashed and I'm on the EARTH now. I'm not aware of the place where I've fallen down. My life is at stake now, please, help me! As a matter of fact I will try to describe landmark where my ship is located now. Fortunately, I can see one run-down building about which I would like to tell you. I hope you will find me with help of it.
It's Carmelites' chourche built in the 16th century by Ian de Vite. It's situated in the city center.  Formerly this building felt into decay because of World War II. There were only ruins, but it has been renovated recently. It's difficult for government to keep it in mint condition, but it's necessary to do it due to well-known coronated icon in the church. Unfortunately, this icon only the reproduction of the genuine one. The antique icon was destroyed with the fire.
As for design of this building, there are a lot of details. There is a basement where you can go and pray. Also there are musical school, art school and museum of history. The main entrance of the Roman Catholic Church is old-fashioned arch of red bricks. Having passed through it you get at the yard of the church. There you can see as good as new stairs to the second floor of the church where you also can pray. There you can find French windows which are in harmony with a little balcony. Walls are decorated with different ornaments. The monks preserver them from destruction. There is a loft where you can find one more nice long balcony. Incidentally, I can see there a shed and ramshackle stables. By and large, I found this church fascinating, but i would prefer to go home rather than to stay here.

2 коментарі:

  1. Ramzi!! Wait for us! Could you send us some photoes of this run-down building? We are waiting for you on our space station, you have been absent for one week, your mother and father want to see you. We`ll bail you out, don`t worry. Solely find additional amount of fuel, we`re lack of it.

    ВідповістиВидалити
  2. Poor Ramzi! He must be devastated and appalled by the fact that he is on a strange unknown planet. I can't even imagine how vulnerable he must feel! However, I think that although his heart isn't in examining our planet right now, later when he understands that his friends are going to rescue him, he will calm down, take his time and do the sightseeing. I am sure that there a lot of buildings, either ultra-modern or dilapidated, that are worth seeing. I think Ramzi will have a lot of impressions to share with his extraterrestrial friends)

    ВідповістиВидалити