понеділок, 15 вересня 2014 р.

The Real Life of Dictionaries

Have you ever thought about things which surround us? What do they do when we sleep, walk or do another stuff? Are they alive or it's only things without soul? Maybe, they don't want to be noticeable. As Ashley Smith said: "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams." Open your eyes, listen to silence and you will know inexplicable things which will occupy your imagination, attention and mind.
I count myself lucky because I had the unusual dream about family of dictionaries one night. In a few minutes you will read about it. So, let me start.
It was 2 a.m. I was absolutely exhausted, I couldn't simplify my homework (it was extremely difficult), so, I assured myself of waking up earlier and completing it. I fell asleep in a few minutes. Recently i heard that someone whispered to each other, it scared the life out of me, but I turn my fear into positive energy and opened one eye. I saw that two dictionaries on my table had hands and eyes. THEY WERE ALIVE!!!! I was scared and defenseless, but I didn't say a word.

"Father! Father! Father! Why are you so fat?" asked little son-dictionary. The dad-dictionary said to his son: "I'm not fat, I'm reputable and wise because I contain a lot of words. People say that I'm worthwhile. They appreciate my help". The young Longman reflected on words of his father and after some time asked him again: "Hm... But i can't understand why people are so hartless in that case. Give me some reasons why you commit yourself to your job. They handle cruel with you! You feel an indescribable pain when they tear your pages... I'm sure that their behavior is unforgivable". The old dictionary only shrugged shoulders and smiled a bit. "I owe them a favour. They created me and you. I'm under some circumstances which i can't change. I exсelt at my job, I adore to communicate with people despite the fact, that they can't hear me, but they can read me and understand. They absorb the information which I give to people. We have our special connection. You are so young to understand it, but in the long run you will. There will be recognition that people should take care of their books, I believe in it".
Fortunately, it was only dream and I realized it in the morning. I brought the dictionaries back to the library, but I'd repaired them firstly. After that time I always behave very carefully with my books. 

3 коментарі:

  1. Such a wonderful dream...train of thoughts appeared in my head after reading it.May be you had that dream because you were inundated with a great degree of work? However, this story really made me feel jubilant.

    ВідповістиВидалити
  2. You dreamed up a wonderful story)) It gives us an insight into the importance of dictionaries and teaches us that we should value our books and preserve them in mint condition.

    ВідповістиВидалити
  3. Really good job. Very exciting dream. I would be sorry to leave such a miraculous dream.

    ВідповістиВидалити